- 2 tbsp olive oil
- medium size fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 5 long red peppers/siling labuyo, or more
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp sinigang mix
- 1 lemon grass
- 3-4 cups rice water, or hugas bigas, if any
- 1 radish, sliced
- 1 bunch mustard leaves, chopped
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skin on, cut into 2-inch thick
- 1-2 tbsp Patis (Fish Sauce)
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add ginger, onion and tomatoes, and sauté for a few minutes. Add labuyo and cook for another few minutes.
- Stir in miso paste, sinigang mix and lemon grass.
- Add rice water, cover and bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Add radish and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. (Do not over cook the radish!)
- Add mustard leaves, salmon and, season with fish sauce and black pepper. Add more seasoning if need be. Salmon cooks real fast. So simmer for just another few more minutes, then remove from heat.
- Discard the lemon grass. Ladle into a serving bowl. Serve hot.
When done right, sinigang is already good as it is, but adding some fresh ginger and lemon grass to the recipe is surprisingly delish!