Bake Time: 15 mins | Yield: 6 servings
- ½ cup Homemade pizza sauce, Exquisite Pizza Sauce
- 3 (8 x 10) Flatbread wraps
- 1 medium red onion, thinly ring-sliced
- 1 ½ medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 10 black olives, chopped
- 5 slices low-sodium bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 cups pizza cheese
- Chopped fresh basil leaves, for garnishing
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
To make the sauce; In a small pot sauce, combine all pizza sauce ingredients and whisk continuously for 5 to 8 minutes over low-medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Roll the flatbread wraps down into the pizza stone, or sheet. Using a basting brush, brush flatbreads with olive oil lightly. Spread the sauce over flatbreads (there should be some sauce left over), then add onion, tomato, jalapeño, bell pepper, olives, bacon and pizza cheese. Place in the center of the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Do not overbake.
Meanwhile, transfer the left over pizza sauce into an airtight container and refrigerate for next future use.
Remove pizza from the oven, garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves, slice and serve while hot.