- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, optional
- ¼ cup quick-cooking oats
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
Mix all meatloaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf.
Mix all topping ingredients and spread over on loaf. Bake for 1 hour.
Remove from oven slice. Serve warm.
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour 15 mins | Yield: 8-10 servings
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red/green bell pepper
- 2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup quick cook (old fashioned) oats
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 375º F.
In a (13 x 9-inch) baking dish, place all ingredients and mix until well blended. Shape the meat mixture into a loaf.
For the glaze, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl and spread on top of the loaf. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate. Serve warm with preferred side dish. Enjoy! :*