Time Prep: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Easy | Yield: 6-8 servings
8 oz spaghetti noodles
8 tbsp (1 block) unsalted butter, divided
4 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 lb shrimps, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 medium onion, chopped
3 tbsp minced garlic
2 cups halves cherry tomatoes
¼ cup sweet white wine
½ lb fresh baby spinach
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp ground black Pepper
1. Cook the spaghetti noodles according to its cooking instructions. DO NOT cook the pasta through, instead, cook them for only 75% as it will continue cooking after adding them to the “shrimp” pan, about 5 minutes. Drain but DO NOT rinse the pasta. Save the pasta water for later.
2. Heat 4 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add in shrimps and lemon juice, and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the shrimps from the pan immediately. Set aside.
3. Put the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and olive oil in the same pan. Add onion to the pan and sauté until translucent. Stir in garlic and tomatoes, and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in wine and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add spinach and parsley to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the pasta, and about 4 soup ladle spoons of pasta water. Add crushed pepper, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Continue cooking until the spaghetti noodles are cooked. Check the flavor and add more seasoning if necessary.
6. Add the shrimps back to the pan. Stir to mix for a minute or two, and then remove the whole dish from the heat. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.