- 1 ½ cups quick oats (coated with 2 tablespoons flour)
- ¾ cup unsweetened protein powder (I used Naturade Total Soy)
- 1 cup whole wheat cereal (I used Nature’s Path Organic Cereal -Heritage Flakes)
- 1 cup Granola (I used Nature’s Path Love Crunch Premium Organic Granola)
- 2 tablespoons organic flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- ½ cup gluten-free dried cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional (Note: I did not use any salt and the bars still tastes good!)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Smucker’s Organic Peanut Butter)
- ½ cup liquid sweetener i.e. honey or syrup (I used Agave In The Raw 100% Organic)
- 1 cup organic Soymilk (I used vanilla flavor)
- ½ cup Sugar-Free dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil (I used Spectrum Organic VCO)
- Chia or Flax Seeds for toppings
- Line an 11-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, protein powder, cereal, granola, flax seeds, cinnamon powder, cranberries and salt (if using) together in a large bowl.
- Add in the peanut butter, sweetener and Soymilk, and stir well to combine. You should aim for a cookie dough texture so if the mixture is a bit dry, add a sprinkle of Soymilk and mix again.
- Press into pan and roll out with a small pastry roller until smooth. I don’t have a small pastry roller so I used a 1-cup size measuring cup to spread and smooth. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small pot over low-medium heat. When half of the chips have melted, remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Remove the dough from freezer and pour the melted chocolate chips over. Spread to cover the top using a spatula. Sprinkle with Chia or Flax seeds, or any topping of your choice. Pop back into the freezer and chill for 5 minutes, or until the chocolate sets. Remove from freezer and slice into bars. Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight bag or container.
Happy Snacking! ^_^