- 2-4 salmon fillets, or 2 2-inch slices, halves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh thymes
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red crushed pepper, optional
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced or sliced, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350º.
1) Place salmon in a 13×9-inch baking (glass) pan. In a medium bowl, combine garlic, chives, thymes, rosemary, oregano, black pepper, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame and olive oils and red crushed pepper, if using. Drizzle salmon with the marinade and let set for about 30 t0 45 minutes.
2) Heat butter in a large non-stick, oven-proof skillet over low/medium heat.
3) Gently add the salmon fillets, skin up on the pan. Drizzle the marinade over and cook for 2-3 minutes. Gently flip them over, then place the pan with the salmon in the oven. Bake for 8-12 minutes.
4) Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with some slices of lemon, or freshly squeezed lemon juice on top. Serve hot with steamed rice, or mashed potato and any preferred vegetable on the side. Enjoy! 🙂