Cook: 45 mins | Yield: 10-12 medium tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups red beans, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (No Salt Added) tomato sauce
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon santa fe chili powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 12 yellow corn tortillas
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, or more
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- ½ tablespoon fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Slightly grease a cookie baking sheet. Set aside.
Taquitos –>> Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef, onion and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add the beans, tomatoes and jalapeños. Add the cumin, chili powder, santa fe chili powder and paprika, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until the tomato sauce has evaporated. Add the cilantro and oregano, and immediately remove from the heat.
To Assemble –>> Wrap the tortillas in a damp kitchen towel and microwave until hot, or pliable, about 90 seconds to 2 minutes. Sprinkle cheese in the center of the tortilla, then top with the beef mixture and roll. Place, seam side down, or sealed with a toothpick, on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until slightly crispy and golden brown. Serve the taquitos with avocado sauce immediately.
Meanwhile, make the sauce while the tortillas are in the oven. Place together all the ingredients in a food processor and blend well. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!