- 2 pounds ground pork
- 12 pcs vienna sausage, cut in half lengthwise
- 3-4 pcs. hard boiled eggs, cut 4 in half lengthwise
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 pcs raw eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded or finely chopped carrot
- ½ cup onion, minced
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- dash of salt, ground black pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- 2 cups bread crumbs, or 4 slices (white) bread, slightly toasted and crumbled
Pre-boil a steamer (with half way full of water), or preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients, except the sausage and hard boiled eggs, mix well. Place the meat mixture in an aluminum foil and flatten it. Put in the sliced vienna sausage and sliced boiled eggs alternately on the middle of the flat meat mixture. Roll the foil to form a cylinder-locking the sausage and egg in the middle of the meat mixture. Once done, lock the edges of the foil by twisting. Put in a steamer, or in a baking dish and bake for an hour. Refrigerate to cool and set the meat to slightly firm before slicing, about 20 minutes. Nuke in a microwave and serve warm. Enjoy!
Note: The recipe yields about 12 logs, if made medium size and 6-8 if made large as shown in the photo. You may also add more eggs, and place the eggs and the sausage alternately.