Bake Time: 35 mins | Yield: 8 servings | Level: Easy
- 1 1/2 cups (regular or flavored) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick butter) melted
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh key lime or regular lime juice
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, for toppings
Preheat the oven to 375º F.
In a large bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter with your hands. Press the mixture firmly into a 9-inch pie pan and bake until brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before filling, then lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk, lime juice, and eggs. Whisk until well blended and place the filling in the cooled pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 3-5 hours before serving. Note:Making the pie one day ahead is even better.
Once chilled, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar and spread over the top of the pie using a spatula. Sprinkle the lime zest as a garnish on top of the sour cream and serve while chilled.